Adobe After Effects CC: Beginner to Intermediate
Explore Adobe’s essential tool for motion graphics and visual effects. After Effects is widely used to produce professional output for film, video, DVD, and the Web.
This 3-day workshop unlocks the magic of designing for television using After Effects’ intuitive yet powerful features. With real-world applications and hand-on exercises, the participants will be animating like a pro at the end of the workshop.
By the end of the workshop, you will be able to navigate the After Effects interface well enough to create intermediate level 2D and 3D compositions. You will also appreciate the basic foundations of the layered timeline format and apply intermediate compositing principles to vector, bitmap graphics, and video.
What will be covered
- An overview of After Effects
- Working with After Effects' interface
- Basic and Advance editing and special effect techniques
- Building a Composition
- Managing and Animating Layers
- Fine-tuning Animation
- Working with Masks and Transparency
- Creating and Animating Text
- Applying Effects
- Using Paint Tools
- 3D Compositing
- Rendering the Movie
- Real world broadcast design applications
Who should attend
This course is for anyone who needs a working knowledge of After Effects, such as broadcast designers, video editors, graphics artists, animation professionals, and visual effects (VFX) artists.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS X or Windows
- Participants will find some concepts easier to grasp if they have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
Note: The topics below are typically covered for this skill level. The instructor may adjust the lesson plan to meet the needs of the class.
- Introduction to After Effects
• What After Effects is and what it is not • Typical uses of After Effects
- The Workspace
• Getting to know the tools • Overview of the different panels • Using switches • Understanding the work area
- The Composition
• Composition presets • Composition dimensions • Pixel Aspect Ratio • Frame rates • Resolution • Time code • Background colour
- The Workflow
• Getting started • Creating a project • Importing footage • Arranging layers • Modifying layer properties • Animating layers • Working with keyframes • Understanding the alpha channel • Previewing your work
- Working with Shape layers
• Adding a shape layer • Creating custom shapes • Creating groups
• What is a mask • Applying masks to layers • Editing masks Mask properties Animating masks and mask properties
• Applying effects to layers • Modifying effects properties • Layering effects • Transitions
• Render Settings • Output Module • Creating templates for the Render Queue • Rendering movies with the Adobe Media Encoder
• What is a matte • Using track matte • Using set matte • Creating custom mattes
• How to precompose • The benefits of precomposing
• Hierarchy • Parenting essentials • Using the null object
• Creating text layers • Using text animation presets • Adding text animators • Using the range selector • Saving animators into presets • Path text • Using text layers as mattes
• Keying fundamentals • Using color key • Using color range • The basics of Keylight
- Using 3D features (2.5D)
• 3D fundamentals • 3D views • Selecting view layouts • Modifying layer 3D properties • Animating 3D layers • Adding a camera • Using the camera tools • Enabling depth of field • Animating the camera • Adding lights • Light falloff • Material options
• Adding expressions to properties • Using modifiers • Using expressions to synchronize animation to music
- Image Stabilization
• Using the Warp Stabilizer • Modifying the stabilizer properties
• Track motion • Perspective corner pinning
- Distorting Layers with the Puppet Pin Tools
• Using the puppet pin tool • Animating pins
- Painting on Layers
• Using the brush tool • Using the clone stamp tool • Using the eraser
- Roto Brush
• Using the Roto Brush tool • Fine tuning the root brush properties
- Other topics that may be covered
• Motion Sketch • The Wiggler • Align and Distribute • Dynamic link • Time remapping
Comments from participants
[The instructor] knows how to manage the class well … took us step by step to accomplish exercises; accommodated all questions with very practical and helpful responses, even offered alternative solutions to concerns.— Jillian Ilagan (IFFSI Shakey's)
We are so lucky the instructor is an expert in real life, working in the relevant field industry. We gained a lot of confidence we can start creating important techniques and methods right away.— Joeffrey Madid (Kimberly Clark Philippines )
I'm looking forward to the advanced After Effects training.— Johnston Lao (Pagcor)
- Jun 16–18 (Fri to Sun)
- Aug 11–13 (Fri to Sun)
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 10,995 (USD 275)
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.