FCP 101: Introduction to Final Cut Pro X
This is the official Apple Pro Training course.
Final Cut Pro X is a revolutionary video editing application that makes it possible for beginners and seasoned professionals to achieve stunning results. This three-day, hands-on course teaches students to perform basic editing functions while becoming familiar with the user interface.
Start with basic video editing techniques and work all the way through Final Cut Pro's powerful advanced features. Students work with dramatic real-world media to learn the practical techniques used daily in editing projects.
Who should attend
This class is designed for anyone looking to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro X and who prefers hands-on and interactive instruction to best explore its functionality.
What you’ll learn
- Creating Smart Collections to organize media based on metadata and keywords.
- Using the Magnetic Timeline for an exceptionally fast, fluid new way to edit.
- Combining multiple elements into a single Compound Clip.
- Finetuning clips in the timeline with the Precision Editor.
- Comparing alternate shots from a collection of clips with just a click using auditions.
- Applying effects, transitions and retiming clips.
- Finishing and final output.
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology (covered in PCCI’s Digital Video Fundamentals seminar) is highly recommended
What will be covered
- Exploring the Final Cut Pro X interface
- Organizing clips in an event
- Building a rough cut
- Finetuning a rough cut
- Adding to the primary storyline
- Applying transitions
- Working with sound
- Working with titles, generators and themes
- Retiming and transforming clips
- Applying effects and enhancing color
- Exporting and sharing your project
Class time is divided between instructor-led presentations and hands-on exercises. Classes are limited to six students or less with an individual Mac Pro workstation for each student to use during the course.
Each course participant receives the book, Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro X (with DVD-ROM) from Peachpit Press.
This course covers the knowledge necessary to become an Apple Certified Pro, Level One in Final Cut Pro.
If you'd like the added advantage of becoming an Apple Certified Pro, we encourage you to take the official Final Cut Pro exam (administered also at PCCI). The standard exam fee is PhP 6,750 (USD 150). But for a limited time, you can avail of the exam for only PhP 5,625 (USD 125).
Note: The exam is optional.
What students say about this course
It was very thorough in that the instructor explained other things that I'm sure would not be part of the manual.— Gary Valenciano (Recording artist/GV Productions Inc.)
The study atmosphere was very condusive (to learning) and the instructor was very knowledgeable.— Ken Chua (Design Logic)
The instructor was very lively, approachable, and his explanations and demos were easy to follow.— Noelle Rivera
The instructor knows everything in FCPX… Every topic was very exciting.— Frederick Agag (Petal Printing Press)
Very informative.— Noel Ty
- May 14–16 (Tue to Thu)
- Jul 19–21 (Fri to Sun)
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 12,495 (USD 313)
Includes the book Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro X from Peachpit Press, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.