Professional Post-Production with Final Cut Pro X
Final Cut Pro X is a revolutionary video editing application that helps beginners and seasoned professionals achieve stunning results. In this three-day hands-on course, students become familiar with the user interface while they learn how to perform editing functions. Students work with real-world media to learn practical approaches to video editing — from basic techniques to Final Cut Pro’s powerful advanced features.
Who should attend
This class is designed for anyone who wants to edit professional-quality video with Final Cut Pro X and prefers hands-on and interactive instruction.
What you’ll learn
- Using workflows
- Using libraries to organize and manage events, media, and projects
- Applying exceptionally fast, fluid editing techniques for video and audio
- Fine-tuning clips in the timeline
- Comparing alternate shots from a collection of clips
- Applying effects, transitions, and retiming clips
- Finishing and final project
- Knowledge of OS X and basic computer navigation
- Basic knowledge of editing terminology (covered in PCCI’s Digital Video Fundamentals seminar) is highly recommended
- Getting Started
• Upgrade earlier versions of events and projects • Download and prepare lesson media files • Understand basic Final Cut Pro workflow
- Importing Media
• Define the clip, event, and library containers • Understand the differences between managed and external media files • Create a camera archive • Import files using Media Import and the Finder
- Organizing Clips
• Apply keywords to clip and clip ranges • Search and filter clips by keywords • Batch rename clips • Add notes and ratings to a clip • Create Smart Collections • Detect people and composition within clips • Understand and assign roles
- Making the First Edit
• Create a project • Add and rearrange clips within a primary storyline • Ripple, Roll, and Slip trim clips • Blade, replace with gap, ripple delete, and join through edit • Perform connect edits • Create and edit in connected storyline • Adjust audio levels • Share the project to a media file
- Revising the Edit
• Define and distinguish the two types of project duplication • Understand the replace edit options • Use the Dashboard for playhead positioning • Use markers for clip synchronization and task notes • Create and edit with an audition clip • Refine project using trim to playhead and trim to selection
- Enhancing the Edit
• Vary the playback speed of clips • Modify the look of clips with effects • Utilize transitions • Adjust transform and compositing controls • Create compound clips
- Finishing the Edit
• Add and modify a lower third • Split edit audio and video • Keyframe audio • Color correct a clip
- Sharing a Project
• Export to a media file • Post media to an online host • Create a bundle for multiple platforms • Understand the XML workflow • Identify and distinguish the two Compressor export options
- Managing Libraries
• Differentiate external and managed media • Import as managed and external media • Move and copy clips within and between libraries
- Advancing Your Workflow
• Identify manual options for new projects • Synchronize dual system recordings • Create a chroma key • Understand the multicam workflow
Class time will be divided between instructor-led presentations and hands-on exercises. Classes are limited to six students or less with an individual workstation for each student to use during the course.
Each course participant receives the ebook, Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro X 10.2: Professional Post- Production, by Brendan Boykin.
What students say about this course
It was very thorough in that the instructor explained other things that I'm sure would not be part of the manual.— Gary Valenciano (Recording artist/GV Productions Inc.)
The study atmosphere was very condusive (to learning) and the instructor was very knowledgeable.— Ken Chua (Design Logic)
The instructor was very lively, approachable, and his explanations and demos were easy to follow.— Noelle Rivera
The instructor knows everything in FCPX… Every topic was very exciting.— Frederick Agag (Petal Printing Press)
Very informative.— Noel Ty
- Feb 6–8 (Mon to Wed)
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 12,595 (USD 315)
Includes the ebook Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Pro X 10.2: Professional Post- Production by Brendan Boykin. Lunch and snacks are also complimentary.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.