Wedding Video: Same Day Edit (SDE)
Life's events don't stop for us to finish a video. The photography has to be coordinated and delivered, the clips have to be viewed and selected, and the video sequenced, edited, and score--all in a few hours.
Working behind the scenes in real time does not mean editing wedding videos is a passive job of waiting for clips to come in. Rather, it is a pro-active, hands-on job that requires complete control over the production. What this means is that the editor wears many hats--that of scriptwriter, storyboarder, director of photography, musical scorer, editor.
What will be covered
- Understanding the project files, audio transitions, video effects and video transitions timeline.
- The importance of creating personal key shortcuts during worktime.
- Selecting the right music at the right moments.
- How to finish on time or ahead of time.
- Prioritization of files with real-time back up for both the raw files and working files.
- Getting the right tool for the right job.
- Basic color adjustment and cropping for cinematic output.
- Troubleshooting for unrendered, unexported or time limited situations.
Who should attend
- Current and would-be wedding video editors
- Corporate video editors and photographers
- Freelance videographers
- Wedding photographers
- Anybody who is interested in the challenging game of high-speed real-time video editing (must have a working familiarity with digital video editing)
- Familiarity with a professional video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro
- Some experience shooting video (necessary to understand the workflow and needs of a project)
Emir Kahn Bautista is known in the wedding industry for delivering wedding videos on time, every time. He is often called upon by wedding photographers to guarantee delivery for high-profile, important couples.
Emir has edited full-length films and documentaries and short films, including Barya, a finalist at the International Film Festival in Manhattan, and several U.S. productions. He has also edited music videos for Phylum Band, Firecastle, Teejay Marquez, and Posh Band.
His corporate clients include Miller Draft Beer, Gatorade Golf Tournament, Meralco, and SM.
- Oct 2–3 (Mon to Tue)
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 6,595 (USD 165)
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.