Diploma in Graphic Design
- About the Program
- Diploma vs Degree Program
- Program Courses
- Program Benefits
- Classes Schedule
About the Program
This program equips you with the essential tools for a career as a graphic artist producing corporate and marketing communication materials for print and Web. Besides beginner and advanced classes in leading graphics software, namely Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and CorelDRAW, the program covers the elements and theories of good design as applied to brochures, magazines, books, posters, packaging, branding, corporate identity and Web pages. Also included are classes in basic photography, portrait photography and product photography.
At the end of the program, participant should be able to do the following:
- Utilize other design building blocks, including typography, graphics, and color.
- Describe the typical workflow of a design project, including how to get ideas and write a design brief.
- Describe the differences between images prepared for print, multimedia, and web use.
- Complete design projects including logos and promotional materials.
Number of training days: 78 days including portfolio building (more than 600 hours)
Diploma vs Degree Program
Diploma programs are not equivalent to degree programs. The differences between diploma programs and degree programs are:
1. The time it takes to complete the program. A diploma program takes less time to complete, less than a year. Degree programs, such as bachelor of arts or science, typically take two to four years.
2. The courses required to graduate. A degree program includes general education courses such as english, math, philosophy, history, biology. Courses in a diploma program are focused only on the subjects specific to the field of study; for example, photography or graphic arts.
3. The places of study. Degree programs are taken at universities and colleges. Diploma programs are awarded by technical schools or centers.
|Core Courses||Core Courses|
|Graphic Design Software Applications (Level 1)||Corporate Identity Design|
|Digital Imaging and Color Management Fundamentals||Effective Logo Design|
|Adobe Photoshop Beginner to Intermediate||Designing Letterheads & Business Cards|
|Adobe InDesign Beginner to Intermediate||Branding, Labels and Product Packaging|
|Adobe Illustrator Beginner to Intermediate||Marketing and Corporate Collaterals Design|
|CorelDRAW Basics||Poster and Banner Making with Photoshop|
|Graphic Design Software Applications (Level 2)||Designing Flyers and Brochures|
|Adobe Photoshop Advanced Tools and Techniques||Infographics Design|
|Adobe InDesign Advanced Tools and Techniques||Photography Essentials for Graphic Designers|
|Adobe Illustrator Advanced Tools and Techniques||Digital Camera Fundamentals|
|Image Editing and Compositing||Basic Photography|
|Portrait Retouching with Adobe Photoshop||Studio Portrait 101|
|Creative Compositing Techniques in Photoshop||The Secrets of Product Photography|
|Photo Editing & Management with Adobe Photoshop Lightroom||Web Design Essentials for Graphic Designers|
|Digital Fine Art||Web Design Fundamentals|
|Desktop Publishing||Website Creation with Adobe Muse|
|Introduction to Typography||General Courses|
|Introduction to Graphic Design||Introduction to Computers & Applications|
|Advanced Graphic Design||Business Ethics, Organization and Communication|
|Adobe Acrobat: PDF Essentials||Intellectual Property Rights|
|Prepress Essentials: Understanding the Digital Production Workflow||Developing Printed Portfolio|
|Prepress Survival Guide Step-by-Step||Developing a Portfolio Website|
|Editorial Design (Magazine, Newsletters, Books)||TESDA Assessment for National Certificate|
A student is awarded individual certificates for each course within the program. Awarding of the certificate requires the completion of the class project to the satisfaction of the course instructor. If a student fails to submit a class project satisfactory to the instructor, the student may submit individual class projects at any time during the program to receive the Certificate of Completion. When the student completes all portfolio projects of each course, the student will be awarded the Program Certificate of Achievement.
Note: Once the program is completed, students can apply for an assessment to receive a TESDA Visual Graphic National Certificate III (NC III).
Certificate of Achievement – Upon conclusion of the program, the participant will receive a Certificate of Achievement, and will be eligible for an assessment by TESDA. Passing the TESDA assessment will earn the participant the Visual Graphic Design National Certificate III (NC III).
Market Competitiveness – Armed with the PCCI Certificate of Achievement and TESDA NC III Certificate, the participant will be more competitive in the job market.
Great Savings – Save money and precious time because the program is designed to be completed in only few months and you save up to 60% in course fees (compared to attending each course separately).
Moreover, you can learn faster and more effectively with our intensive hands-on format and creative training techniques.
Career Opportunities - PCCI has numerous affiliations among partner companies to send eligible students for OJT (if unemployed) where majoritly of these companies hire them immediately after completion of the program. Employed applicants completing this program stand to gain a greater chance of promotion.
Satisfaction Guaranteed - Those unable to master all the skills and techniques for the first time can take advantage of the FREE lifetime unlimited refreshers or retakes of the same course.
- PCCI accomplished Registration Form
- Must be 15 years old and above
- For photography courses, each student is required to bring his own camera, one suitable for the subject or field of study. In extreme cases, and only after careful consideration by PCCI, the Center may coordinate with suppliers for a loaner camera for a student who does not have access to one, which will depend on availability and willingness of suppliers.
Note: The personal computers are not prerequisite to availing of the programs. All students will be provided by one computer each during the class, in case of computer-based programs. Students without the resource equipment can take advantage of open lab hours to perform assignments, practice lessons, and prepare their student portfolios or student project at the end of their program.
Registrant can choose their own schedule based on the posted calendar. However, availability is on first-come, first served basis. Class hours is from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Visit this link to see the Course Calendar.
Number of training days: 78 days including portfolio building (more than 600 hours)
Rules on Attendance
The student must not have missed more than 20% of the module duration. Certificate of Attendace or Completion are awarded based on the assessment of the instructor and attendance of at least 80% of the module duration.
Program Fee and Payment Terms & Conditions
₱ 85,000 inclusive of VAT. Program fee is 60% cheaper than taking each course separately.
Thirty percent (30%) downpayment is required upon registration (cash, check or credit card). The balance can be paid in installments (cash, PDC's or credit card). Payment schedule will be given upon registration. Downpayment is not refundable but transferable to other people or schedule.
Important note: Program should be completed before December 15, 2017 only. Otherwise all payments shall be forfeited or considered used.
Discount: Additional 5% off on the payable amount for those who’ll pay in full upon registration.
|Payment Schedule (₱85,000)|
|downpayment||Upon registration. Availability of slot is on first-come, first served basis.||₱25,500|
|2nd payment||Within March 2017||₱20,000|
|3rd payment||Within April 2017||₱20,000|
|full payment||Within May 2017||₱19,500|
|If full payment upon registration (less 5%)||₱80,750|
- Includes lunch and snacks
- Course materials (writing materials, handout/manual/book/references).
- Transportation for location shoot required for some photography courses.
- Use of available computers to work on class assignments, practice lessons, and prepare their student portfolios or student projects.
- Free lifetime refreshers or retake of the same course if you do not master all the skills and techniques the first time.
- TESDA assessment fees
Request for Complete Program Details and Courses Informations
To request for complete program details and courses informations, please EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
9 AM to 5 PM
₱ 85,000 (USD 1,900). Program fee is 60% cheaper than taking each course separately.
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.