Diploma in Digital Photography
- About the Program
- Diploma vs Degree Program
- Program Courses
- Program Benefits
- Classes Schedule
For almost 20 years, the Philippine Center for Creative Imaging (PCCI), has been the leader in providing seminars, workshops and training courses for digital creatives, developers and photographers.
What are the diploma programs?
Diploma programs allow you to take many PCCI training courses that correspond to your chosen field, plus some elements, such as special classes and projects unique to diploma program takers.
About the Program
PCCI’s diploma program in digital photography is designed so that, upon completing it, one will have the skills behind the camera, behind the computer, and in front of his clients.
It is a comprehensive yet intensive curriculum that allows its participants to learn the technical and creative side of photography and, more importantly, the various aspects one has to know and possess when considering a career as a photographer.
The courses are constructed with practicality in mind. Hands-on exercises follow lectures to ensure that the students can immediately practice and remember the skills and techniques discussed.
The program starts with the fundamentals in photography and smoothly transitions to the more advanced and specific practices in photography.
Number of training days: 73 days including portfolio building (more than 580 hours).
Diploma vs Degree Program
Diploma programs are not equivalent to degree programs. The differences between diploma programs and degree programs are:
1. The time it takes to complete the program. Degree programs, such as Bachelor of Arts / Science, typically take four years. A diploma program takes less time to complete, less than a year.
2. The courses required to graduate. A degree program includes general education subjects such as English, Math, Philosophy, History, Biology. Courses in a diploma program immediately focus on the subjects specific to the field of study; for example, photography or graphic arts.
3. The places of study. Degree programs are taken at universities and colleges. Diploma programs are awarded by technical schools or centers.
|Core Courses||Core Courses|
|Photography Essentials||Portrait Photography|
|Digital Camera Fundamentals||Studio Portrait 101|
|Basic Photography||Advanced Portrait Photography|
|Strobist Photography||Fashion Photography|
|Wedding Photography||Image Editing and Compositing|
|Ins & Outs of Wedding Photography||Digital Imaging and Color Management Fundamentals|
|Wedding Photography||Adobe Photoshop Beginner to Intermediate|
|Wedding Album Design||Adobe Photoshop Advanced Tools and Techniques|
|Same Day Edit (SDE)||Adobe Photoshop Lightroom|
|Advertising Photography||Portrait Retouching with Adobe Photoshop|
|Minding Your Own (Photography) Business||Creative Compositing Techniques in Photoshop|
|The Secrets of Product Photography||Web Design Essentials for Photographers|
|Feast for the Eyes: Professional Food Photography||Web Design Fundamentals|
|Corporate Photography||Website Creation with Adobe Muse or Creating WOW (Websites on WordPress): The Basics|
|Architecture & Interiors Photography||General Courses|
|360° Photography||Introduction to Computers & Applications|
|Editorial & Fine Art Photography||Business Ethics, Organization and Communication|
|Black-and-White Photography||Developing Printed Portfolio|
|Inner Vision||Developing a Portfolio Website|
|Sports & Action Photography||Intellectual Property Rights (by IPO)|
|Photojournalism||TESDA Assessment for National Certificate (NC II)|
|Travel and Cultural Documentary|
A student is awarded individual certificates for each course within the program. Awarding of the certificate requires the completion of the class project to the satisfaction of the course instructor. If a student fails to submit a class project satisfactory to the instructor, the student may submit individual class projects at any time during the program to receive the Certificate of Completion. When the student completes all portfolio projects of each course, the student will be awarded the Program Certificate of Achievement.
Note: Once the program is completed, students can apply for an assessment to receive a TESDA Photography National Certificate (NC II).
Certificate of Achievement – Armed with the PCCI Certificate of Achievement, the participant would have surely gained a decisive edge in the job market.
Great Savings – Save money and precious time because the program is designed to be completed in only a few months and you save up to 60% in course fees (compared to attending courses separately).
Moreover, you can learn faster and more effectively with our intensive hands-on format, as well as the creative training techniques which our instructors have use to train thousands of creatives and photographers for nearly 20 years.
Career Opportunities - PCCI has affiliations with partner companies who send eligible students for OJT (if unemployed); majority of them hire these students immediately after completion of the program. Employed applicants completing this program, on the other hand, stand to gain a greater chance of promotion.
Satisfaction Guaranteed - Those seeking to reinforce their newly acquired skills, as well as those unable to master all the skills and techniques the first time, can take advantage of FREE lifetime refreshers of the same courses, as long as the course is being offered.
- PCCI Registration Form
- At least 15 years old
- For photography courses, each student is required to bring his own camera, one suitable for the subject or field of study. In extreme cases, and only after careful consideration by PCCI, the Center may coordinate with suppliers for a loaner camera for a student who does not have access to one, such will depend on availability and willingness of suppliers.
Note: The personal computers are not a prerequisite to availing of the programs. All students will be provided one computer each during the class, in case of computer-based programs. Students without the resource equipment can take advantage of open lab hours to perform assignments, practice lessons, and prepare their student portfolios or student project at the end of their program.
The diploma programs are ongoing programs throughout the year. The courses under the program are repeated every month or every other month, so you can skip one and take another within a given period; then take the skipped class at another time. You just need to finish the program within a year from date of enrollment.
We propose schedules upon registration. However, you can also attend the classes according to your availability, following the posted calendar of classes. Availability is on first-come, first-serve basis. The only requirement is that you take the basic or introductory classes ahead of the others.
Class hours are generally from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Please visit this link to see the available schedule to choose from Course Calendar.
Note: Vacant days can be used as your practice days and days for creating files for the portfolio. The center is open from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm in case you want to do it here. However, you need to inform us beforehand to make sure that there are available computers and someone to assist you.
Number of training days: 73 days including portfolio building (more than 580 hours)
Rules on Attendance
The student must not have missed more than 20% of the course duration. Certificate of Attendance or Completion are awarded based on the assessment of the instructor and attendance of at least 80% of the course duration.
Program Fee and Payment Terms & Conditions
- Thirty percent (30%) downpayment is required upon registration (cash, check or credit card).
- The balance can be paid in installments within 4 months from date of enrollment (cash, PDCs or credit card). Payment schedule will be given upon registration.
- Downpayment is not refundable but transferable to other people or schedule, as long as the original registrant has not taken yet any of the course under the program.
- Additional 5% off on the payable amount for those who’ll pay in full upon registration.
Important note: Program should be completed within a year from date of enrollment. That is, if you enroll in any of the Diploma program in January, you have until January next year to finish the program. Otherwise all payments shall be forfeited or considered used.
- Lunch and snacks
- Course materials (writing materials, handout/manual/book/references)
- Transportation cost for location shoot that are part of some photography courses
- Use of lab computers to work on class assignments, practice lessons, and prepare their student portfolios or student projects
- Free lifetime refreshers or retake of the same course that you have not mastered the first time.
- TESDA assessment fees (for Diploma in Graphic Design and Diploma in Digital Photography only)
- Portfolio case (for printed portfolio of Diploma in Graphic Design, Digital Photography and Multimedia Arts students). Printing of the portfolio files is not included.
- PCCI T-shirt
- PCCI drinking mug
Request for Complete Program Details and Courses Informations
To request for complete program details and courses informations, please EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
9 AM to 5 PM
₱ 75,000 (USD 1,875) - Introductory Course Fee
₱ 88,000 (USD 2,200) - Effective June 2017Program fee is 60% cheaper than taking each course separately.
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.