Seminar: Introduction to Typography
This one-day seminar is an introduction to Typography. Layouts for print, screen and web all use two primary components —objects and type. You learn fundamentals of setting type, how to combine typefaces, rules for combining typefaces, and how to use type effectively to communicate dynamic messages.
What will be covered
- Understand why type matters
- Using Serif and Sans Serif typefaces
- Understand the parts & shapes of type
- Understand Widths, Weights, and Slopes
- Use Color and Tonal Weight effectively
- Methods of using Tracking, Kerning & Leading
- Use Indents, Outdents & Hanging Punctuation
- Avoid common typesetting mistakes
- Drop Caps & Entry Points in layouts
- Use layout grids
- Importance of Scale and Contrast
- Setting type with emotional impact
- Managing Fonts
- Finding font names for typefaces
- Using Adobe InDesign for setting type
Who should attend
Recommended participants include graphic designers, illustrators, art directors, corporate communicators, advertising executives, web designers, and multimedia artists who want to understand how to effectively use type in projects. This is a must for those who want to become or improve skills in graphic arts, multimedia, and web design.
This is an entry level course and students do not need experience using any professional layout program. Students should have some basic computer skills and know how to use Windows or Mac operating system.
- Aug 29 (Tue)
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 2,850 (USD 70)
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.