CSS Advanced Techniques and Topics
This intensive, hands-on workshop focuses on the more advanced concepts of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS). With carefully crafted exercises, students learn techniques that will enable them to take their web page designs to the next level.
What will be covered
- Review of HTML and CSS
- Advanced Selectors
- Adjacent Sibling
- The RESET stylesheet
- Base stylesheet
- Multiple stylesheets
- Mastering inheritance and the cascade
- Advanced CSS positioning and layout
- Positioning types (static, relative, absolute, fixed)
- More on floats
- Liquid/fluid layouts
- Dealing with Internet Explorer’s quirks
- IE’s common bugs
- Using IE conditional comments
- Styling forms and tables
- Exploring CSS3 properties
- transitions, transformations, and animation
- media queries
- CSS challenge
Who should attend
This intensive hands-on course is for designers and developers who want to extend their creative options with CSS.
To take this course, you should:
- have completed the Fast Track to HTML and CSS course or have equivalent experience
- be familiar/comfortable with hard-coding
- at least pass (15/20 score) the HTML and CSS quizzes on w3schools.com:
Note: The tests are not official, it's just a way to see how much you know, or don't know, about HTML and CSS.
Comments from participants
Comprehensive and lots of after-course references (websites, etc.). Also, the instructor is very well versed with the course and he’s always ready to answer questions —
- Jul 18–20 (Thu to Sat)
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 7,495 (USD 188)
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.