Adobe Photoshop CC Essentials
Learning by yourself often results in using the same 20% of Photoshop again and again. You also apply correction filters and adjustments without understanding the various options.
This focused, hands-on workshop guides you through the Photoshop fundamentals that will equip you to execute design projects. Included are lessons on layers (putting photos together), selecting and extracting parts of a photo, retouching, changing an object's color while retaining its texture, correcting off-color photos, removing defects, adding and manipulating text, and more.
Projects you can apply the techniques to range from print ads, marketing collaterals, Websites, and other communication materials.
At the end of the course, participants are expected to:
- Be able to set up Photoshop
- Use tools and adjust their settings
- Recognize and use essential panels
- Create precise selections
- Fix common photo problems (correct color cast, recover tones, etc.)
- Create and use layers to organize art work
- Add and edit text on images
- Be able to apply Photoshop on images intended for print, presentation and online
Who will benefit
If you are a photographer, graphic designer, web designer, or painter with little or no background in computer imaging, and now want to expand your business or your craft, this course is for you!
- Preparing the work area
- setting the preferences
- choosing the appropriate color space
- creating your own work space
- Setting Bridge to organize your images
- How to use Bridge to bring images into Photoshop
- Navigating in Photoshop
- Cropping and aligning images if necessary
- Performing global adjustments to images
- color correction
- color enhancement
- exposure adjustment
- tonal adjustment
- Performing local adjustments to an image
- how to use the selection tools and techniques
- how to save selections as channel mask
- how to convert selections into layers
- how to use Blending properties of layers
- how to use the adjustment layers
- how to use the layer mask
- Sharpening the final image
- Preparing the file for outputting
- Bonus: applying special effects to an image
Participants should have completed PCCI’s Digital Imaging and Color Management Fundamentals seminar or have equivalent experience.
From past participants
The class was very lively. The topics were easier to understand with the use of real life experiences and situations to relate to the subject. Questions were entertained promptly. — David Monserrate (Unplugged Talent Center)
The instructor was very knowledgeable about the functioning and tools of CS5, and was very good at presenting the information.— Angelico Veloso
Even if I started from zero, I am now more confident to handle Photoshop. — Gary Jose
Mr. Ramirez was very personable and made for a very pleasant learning experience… He was extremely knowledgeable and presented the material in a way that could be understood given the complexity of the subject matter.— Scott Pearson
Excellent hardware, top of the line; very professional instruction… — Atty. Jaime M. Javier (APO Production Unit, Inc.)
Mario was receptive to any questions posed by the members of the class, and gave sufficient examples to illustrate certain points.— Arlu Gomez
I have never been so motivated to learn Photoshop or any Adobe program. This class has been far more interesting and informative than the one I took from another school. I highly recommend PCCI for people who want to learn more about Photoshop or other Adobe programs. —
[The instructor] is very generous on giving out some tips & ideas, beyond the topics =) — Eva Pablo
… very thorough, concise and easy to understand. — Clarence Yao
The training, as well as the instructor, is very good. It encourages me to enroll in Advanced Photoshop.— Diana Corbito (Minor Basilica of the Black Nazarene)
- to be announced
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 6,950 (USD 155)
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.