Basic Film Scoring
Film scoring plays an important role in carrying out a story whether in feature films, short films, TV shows or documentaries. This course “Basic Film Scoring” will guide its students in understanding some fundamental concepts in creating scores for films.
By the end of this class, it is hoped that the students will grasp the ideas and different functions of film scores and better yet, be inspired in creating their own music.
What will be covered:
- Aesthetics and terminology in film scoring
- Learning from the masters: film clips viewing and discussion
- Short film viewing
- Working with your director: beginning the process of creating music
- The composer as a storyteller
- Music themes
- The stylistic choices and approach in composing music for films
- Understanding tempo, key, harmony and instrumentation
- Understanding live instruments and synths
- Composing the music score against visuals using a (DAW) Digital Audio Workstation
- Completing a sample score
A good listening ear. Proficiency in playing musical instruments whether piano, guitars, etc. is a plus.
- Apr 6 (Sat)
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
PhP 2,950 (USD 70)
Includes materials and heavy snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.