Directing 101: Basic Directing
This 4-hour lecture and demonstration aims to give the students the basic knowledge needed in directing films. It is wished that by the end of the class, the participants will understand the diverse roles of a director to make sure that his/her vision for the film will be realized.
Topics to be discussed:
- The Script
- Translating the script into visuals
- The Frame
- Framing and composition
- The camera as the storyteller
- The Actors
- The core of each characters of the film
- Working with actors
- Rehearsals and preparation for actors
- Costume and Production Design
- The Shoot
- Shoot preparation
- Shooting and communication with your crew
- Editing the Film
- The Sound and the Music
This 4-hour lecture consists of instructor-led visual presentations, demonstations and discussions.
- Sep 5 (Wed)
6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
PhP 1,950 (USD 49)
Includes materials and heavy snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.