Fast Track to Short Filmmaking with Visual Effects (VFX)
This course will teach the participants how to make short film in a 30sqm space with Cromakey (green screen) only.
The tools for digital filmmaking nowadays are very accessible. You can easily shoot something out of your camera or even your cellphone. But to make its content visually and aurally engaging is a different story.
Don’t worry! In this workshop, filmmaker wannabes will know about short filmmaking and will learn different techniques to make these films worth watching.
By the end of this workshop, participants should be able to produce a 3-5 minute short film with visual effects.
Click here for sample film output.
What will be covered
- Pre production
- How to create a script breakdown
- How design VFX - technical choices and solutions
- How to make a storyboard for visual effects
- How to think and plan on graphic levels
- Cromakey: Shooting techniques and creative solutions
- Correct use of lenses and light for VFX
- How to film and divide into graphic layers
- Use of markers and reference for camera movements
- How to direct the actors on the set with special and visual effects
- How to use reference elements in real scenes during the Cromakey shooting
- Post production
- Offline film editing and online editing
- Clean up: Rotoscoping and post-production techniques for Chromakey
- Compositing techniques, camera tracking, motion tracking, matte painting
- Color Grading
- Sound Design
- Use of soundtrack and music design
- Bring their own DSLR/mirrorless camera or video camcorder (cellphone camcorder will do.)
- Have working knowledge in using Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects.
About the instructor
Paolo Bertola is an Italian director who has worked in the sector for over 35 years. In addition to directing he specializes in post production techniques and in particular visual effects, CGI and 3D Animation.
Some projects where Paolo Bertola worked in Philippines are; Kidlat with Derek Ramsey (2013), The Princes of the Palace with Ryzza Mae Dizon (2015 - 2016), God Gave Me You with Alden Richards & Maine Mendoza (2016), Imagine You & Me with Alden Richards, Maine Mendoza & Jasmine Curtis (2016), Woke Up Like This with Vhong Navarro, Lovi Poe & Coraleen Waddell (2017), Haunted Forest with Raymart Santiago, Joey Marquez & Jane Oineza (2017), The Lease with Ruben Maria Soriquez & Garie Concepcion (2018).
He made 26 films as a director, 24 films as visual effects supervisor, and more than 120 commercials from 1994 to 2008 in Italy, as a director and VFX supervisor.
Currently Paolo Bertola collaborates with iFlix Philippines, StarCinema and with Utmost Creatives for the production of the film My Beast Friend, which will be released in the summer of 2019.
- Jan 28–31 (Mon to Thu)
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 12,500 (USD 300)
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.