Diploma in Filmmaking
For almost 20 years, the Philippine Center for Creative Imaging (PCCI), has been the leader in providing seminars, workshops and training courses for digital creatives, developers and photographers.
What are the diploma programs?
Diploma programs allow you to take many PCCI training courses that correspond to your chosen field, plus some elements, such as special classes and projects unique to diploma program takers.
Diploma vs Degree Program
Diploma programs are not equivalent to degree programs. The differences between diploma programs and degree programs are:
- The time it takes to complete the program. Degree programs, such as Bachelor of Arts / Science, typically take four years. A diploma program takes less time to complete, less than a year.
- The courses required to graduate. A degree program includes general education subjects such as English, Math, Philosophy, History, Biology. Courses in a diploma program immediately focus on the subjects specific to the field of study; for example, photography or graphic arts.
- The places of study. Degree programs are taken at universities and colleges. Diploma programs are awarded by technical schools or centers.
Overview of the Program
This immersive program prepares you for a career in filmmaking–knowledgeable in all aspects from scriptwriting, photography, directing, video editing, sound, cinematography, production design, production management and business of a film.
Besides a strong theoretical background on film, the program provides extensive hands-on training and workshops in the various disciplines.
Learn from industry professional tutors and award-winning guest speakers, including famous Directors, Screenwriters, Cinematographers, Video and Sound Editors, Production Designers, Producers and other screen specialists.
Duration: The program is designed to be completed in 3 months (following the regular schedule of classes) including film production and film showing.
What to Expect
Besides a strong theoretical background on film, the program provides extensive hands-on training and workshops in the various disciplines. Participants will get to experience the entire filmmaking process.
At the end of the program, the students are expected to submit a short film project.
|Schedule: 9 April to 16 June 2018|
|Introduction to Filmmaking||Storyboarding|
|Film Fundamentals||Production Design|
|Screenwriting||Basic to Advanced Film Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro CC|
|Basic Photography||Sound: Recording, Design and Editing|
|Basic Film Production||Producing a Film|
|Basic to Advanced Cinematography||Filmmaking Review Session|
|Electives (Optional Courses) - with additional fee|
|Adobe After Effects: Beginner to Intermediate||The Pitch: How to Sell Your Film to a Producer|
|Adobe After Effects: Advanced Tools & Techniques||Comedy Scriptwriting for TV and Film|
|Music Scoring||Creative Brainstorming|
|Film Showing: schedule and venue to be announced|
When the student completes the final film project, the student will be awarded the program Certificate of Achievement.
Certificate of Achievement – Armed with the PCCI Certificate of Achievement, the participant would have surely gained a decisive edge in the job market.
Great Savings – Save money and precious time because the program is designed to be completed in only a few months.
Moreover, you can learn faster and more effectively with our intensive hands-on format, as well as the creative training techniques which our instructors have use to train thousands of creatives and photographers for nearly 20 years.
Career Opportunities: What can I do after completing the program? Where can I work? - The diploma programs comprise the necessary courses (others may be added or changed over the years) that will prepare you for a career in your chosen field, whether in a corporate setting or as a freelance artist.
For the filmmaking graduates, your opportunities are not limited to the television stations and movie studios. There are third-party suppliers that provide production services of photography, editing, directing, and lighting servicing the television, movie, corporate, and advertising industries.
What is important, whether you are planning to go freelance or seek employment, is to prepare and update regularly your portfolio to show prospective employees or clients your best work.
- PCCI Registration Form
- At least 15 years old
Note: For photography courses, each student is required to bring his own camera, one suitable for the subject or field of study.
For computer-based courses, all students will be provided one computer each during the class.
Students without the resource equipment can take advantage of open lab hours to perform assignments, practice lessons, and prepare their student project.
Rules on Attendance
The student must not have missed more than 20% of the course duration. Certificate of Attendance or Completion are awarded based on the assessment of the instructor and attendance of at least 80% of the course duration.
Payment Terms & Conditions
- Registration alone does not guarantee you a seat in class. To secure your place, your registration must be followed by a 30 percent down payment.
- Downpayment is not refundable but transferable to other people, as long as the original registrant has not taken yet any of the course under the program.
- The balance can be paid in installments within 2 months from date of enrollment (cash, PDCs or credit card).
- Seats are limited, so register and pay as early as possible to ensure your place. Seats will be allocated on a first-pay, first-serve basis.
- Lunch and snacks
- Course materials (writing materials, handout/manual/book/references)
- Transportation cost for location shoot that are part of some photography and videography courses
- Use of lab computers to work on class assignments, practice lessons, and prepare projects
- PCCI T-shirt
- PCCI drinking mug
Schedule is per batch. Registrations is on first-come, first served basis. Class hours vary but are generally from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
For more questions and inquiries, please EMAIL: email@example.com
Disclaimer: PCCI reserves the right to change, amend or modify program policies and guidelines, schedule and details at any time without notice. Current enrollees, however, will be promptly notified of any such changes.
To request for complete program details and updated program calendar, please EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Class hours are generally from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
PhP 85,000 (USD 2,125)
Includes manuals or handout, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.