Diploma in Photography
For nearly 20 years now, the Philippine Center for Creative Imaging (PCCI) has been the leader in providing training courses for graphic artists, photographers, video producers, and web designers through short standalone seminars and workshops. Today, PCCI takes technical training to the next level through the PCCI Diploma Program. It allows you to take all the related courses, special classes, projects, and activities for your chosen field in a shorter timeframe, unique to PCCI Diploma Program students.
DISCLAIMER: PCCI Diploma Program is not TESDA or CHED programs.
PCCI Diploma Program vs Degree Program
The differences between diploma programs and degree programs are:
1. The time it takes to complete the program. Degree programs, such as Bachelor of Arts / Science, typically take four years. PCCI diploma program takes less time to complete, less than a year.
2. The courses required to graduate. A degree program includes general education subjects such as English, Math, Philosophy, History, Biology. Courses in PCCI diploma program immediately focus on the subjects specific to the field of study; for example, photography or graphic arts.
The PCCI Diploma Program in Photography is a comprehensive curriculum that is constructed with practicality in mind with lectures following hands-on exercises to ensure students can immediately apply the skills and techniques in practice.
The program covers the fundamentals and the advanced and technical practices in professional photography.
|Digital Camera Fundamentals|
|Studio Lighting 101|
|Strobist Photography: Creative Techniques with Portable Flash|
|Digital Imaging and Color Management Fundamentals|
|Adobe Photoshop Lightroom : Photo Editing & Management|
|Adobe Photoshop CC Essentials|
|Advanced Portrait Photography: Creative Lighting for Studio & Outdoor Portraiture|
|Advanced Photoshop for Photographers|
|Advanced Photoshop : Portrait Retouching Techniques|
|Wedding Photography 101: The Ins & Outs of Wedding Photography|
|Sports and Action Photography|
|Professional Product Photography|
|Professional Food Photography|
|Architecture & Interiors Photography|
|Sports & Action Photography|
|The Business Side of Photography|
|Legal Affairs for Photographers, Videographers, Graphic Artists, and Filmmakers|
|Kickstart Your Freelance Business Today|
|Build Your Personal Brand on Social Media|
|Final Project: Printed portfolio of the chosen field of photography|
The diploma programs are ongoing programs throughout the year, such that a student may enter the program any time.
Based on the timeframe in which the diploma student enrolled, PCCI shall register the student to upcoming batch and provide a complete list of class schedules in the particular diploma program. The diploma program schedule has been designed to follow a specific timeframe to finish. For example, Graphic Design and Multimedia Programs have been designed to finish within 3-4 months.
Students are expected to fully review the requirements and the class schedule before signing up for the Diploma Program. Students must confirm their attendance ahead of time with the Student Coordinator to ensure reserved class seats. Otherwise, the class seats will be open to external students.
Certificate of Achievement – Armed with the PCCI Certificate of Achievement, you would have surely gained a decisive edge in the job market.
Great Savings – Save money and precious time because the program is designed to be completed in only a few months and you save more than 40% in course fees (compared to attending courses individually).
Moreover, you can learn faster and more effectively with our intensive hands-on format, as well as the creative training techniques, which our instructors have used to train thousands of creatives and photographers for nearly 20 years.
Career Opportunities: What can I do after completing the program? Where can I work? - The diploma programs comprise the necessary courses—which are continuously reviewed and developed—that will prepare you for a career in your chosen field, whether in a corporate setting or as a freelance artist.
For photographers, you can train for or choose careers in wedding photography, portrait photography, advertising photography, and more. Most practitioners in these fields are freelance or self-employed, although you can start your first years as a staff photographer in an established studio. You may also consider newspapers and magazines as a photojournalist or feature photographer. Some printing and publishing houses may also employ a staff of in-house photographers, or have a list of independent photographers they regularly turn to for their print projects.
What is important, whether you are planning to go freelance or seek employment, is to prepare and update regularly a portfolio to show prospective employees or clients.
Satisfaction Guaranteed - Diploma students are automatically entitled to PCCI’s Free Lifetime Refresher Benefit. This means that students can attend the same class that they have previously completed, free of charge. Remember to register ahead of time as all slots are on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Duly accomplished and signed PCCI Registration Form (PCCI-Dip-F01) and Declaration (PCCI-Dip-F02) . This is also the proof that a student has been properly oriented regarding the program details, scheduling, and program policies and guidelines.
- For students 17 years old and below:
◦ Students must undergo a screening process
◦ Accepted students must attend the orientation with their parent or guardian
◦ Parent or guardian must sign the Diploma Waiver Form (PCCI-Dip-F03), available upon orientation.
- Four pieces of passport-size color photo (white background, shirt with collar and name in front).
- Photocopy of any valid government ID (with full name and correct spelling).
- For photography and video/film classes: Each student is required to bring his own camera or camcorder, one suitable for the field of study.
- For computer-based classes: Each student will be provided with one computer during the class.
After completing the Diploma in Photography program, the student is expected to have the skills, knowledge, and attitude necessary in working as a photographer whether as a freelance professional or as an employee:
- Knowledge of basic camera parts and features, their function, and when time to use them
- Getting the right exposure when shooting with different light source
- Getting the right exposure when shooting with portable/studio flash
- Exposure triangle—ISO, aperture, shutter speed
- Characteristics of light
- Choosing the right lens for the required output
- Choosing the right equipment and accessories for the required output
- Photographing different subjects:
- People: Individual, Pair, Group; Formal; Commercial; Fashion; Indoor, Outdoor
- Structures: Interior, Exterior
- Documenting Events
- Post-processing photos (Adobe Photoshop)
- File organization (Adobe Lightroom)
- Preparing one’s photography business
- Legal aspects and issues that concern photographers
- Troubleshooting common photography-related problems
- Handling client inquiries, requests, and complaints
Payment Terms & Conditions
|Downpayment||Fifty percent (50%) downpayment is required upon registration (cash, check or credit card)|
|Downpayment is not refundable but transferable to other people or schedule, as long as the original registrant has not taken yet any of the course under the program.|
|Balance payment||Can be paid in three (3) installments, last payment should be made before the submission of the final project (cash, PDCs or credit card). Payment schedule will be given upon registration.|
|5% discount on the payable amount for those who’ll pay in full upon registration|
- Lunch and snacks
- Class materials (writing materials, handout/manual/book/references)
- Transportation cost for location shoot that are part of some photography classes
- Photography NC II assessment fee
How to Pay?
There are several ways to pay:
- Deliver the payment (cash, check or credit card) to our office. Check is payable to Philippine Center for Creative Imaging, Inc.
Deposit the payment to
- any Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC) branch, in favor of Philippine Center for Creative Imaging Inc, S/A 1-249-91545-5; or
- any Banco de Oro (BDO) branch, in favor of Philippine Center for Creative Imaging Inc, S/A 429-0078357.
Registrants from other countries may pay in US dollars. Please see below dollar account details.
- Payee Name: Philippine Center for Creative Imaging, Inc.
- Bank Name: Banco De Oro (BDO)
- Vendor/payee account number: 536-0039680
- Bank Branch: Makati Cinema Square, Makati City
- Bank Address: Ground Floor Makati Cinema Square, Pasong Tamo, Makati City
- Bank Code: BNORPHMM
- Bank Branch Code: 429
- SWIFT Code: BNORPHMM
Then email (or fax) the copy of the payment slip with your name and program written legibly on it.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax number: +63 (2) 892-5281
To request for complete program details and updated program calendar, please EMAIL: email@example.com
9 AM to 5 PM
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.