Adobe Photoshop for Kids
Help your children learn the most popular and useful tool for graphic design, Adobe Photoshop. Students may use this software to enhance their school work; the science poster, the history presentation, the math project and more. And there is no software more often used and more helpful for project requirements as well as personal hobbies (e.g. photography) as Adobe Photoshop!
This workshop is ideal for kids, 9–15 yrs old. Older teens can still attend the workshop if they want to, or choose to attend our Adobe Photoshop CC Basics class.
Potential benefits to your child:
- Directs your child’s energy towards useful activities
- Acquires skills that will be very helpful in school and other types of projects
- Reinforces the attitude for continuous learning, especially now as technology continuously advances
- Enhance your child’s creativity by providing a tool to help them express their imagination and ideas
By the end of the course, your child will:
- Know Photoshop work area, identify tools and use them
- Cover up defects and restore missing parts
- Hide objects (or make people disappear) with Content-Aware Fill
- Transform, warp and bend images like tree branches and elephant trunks
- Change eye color / remove red-eyes
- Extract/change/drop out the background of fuzzy objects (like cats, dogs and people too)
- Combine different photos using layers
- Add text and layer effects
- Paint a line drawing with different colors and fill with textures
- Use color blending to create a multi-colored art work
- Put together a slide show in Photoshop to present completed works
*Instructor may adjust the timings based on the class progress and the number of participants. There are hands on exercises throughout the entire course and submission of the final project concludes completion of the course.
What to bring
Students will be asked to come up with the main project by the end of the workshop. They are highly encouraged to bring photos of their own to use for their project. This is essential to conclude the completion of the workshop.
PCCI will provide the computer workstation, complete with software and source materials (for hands-on work), for each participant. It is of course recommended, that the young participant has access to a computer and the necessary software, at home, in order to apply the lessons learned in the workshop.
Comments from participants
Teacher is such a cool teacher, and very patient with kids.
This is my best class ever, and I like the tablet because it is so easy to use, and it is so cool.
Photoshop training for kids is the coolest.— Gabrielle Camus, 9½
The instructor is very kind, energetic, very funny and friendly.
It’s very cool. The computers work nice. I get to experience Mac computers.— Keona Lozada, 12
The computers are so cool, and they’re upgraded already.— Isabella Rivera, 12
… for me, the training program is perfect for kids to learn Photoshop.— Immah Pesigan, 13
- May 21–24 (Thu to Sun)
- Morning batch: 9:00–12:00pm
- Afternoon batch: 1:30–4:30pm
PhP 5,500 (USD 125)
Includes materials and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.