Adobe Photoshop for Kids
This summer, help your children learn the most popular and useful tool for graphic design, Adobe Photoshop. To be sure, students use graphics tools to enhance their school work; the science poster, the history presentation, the math project and more. And there is no software more often used and more helpful for project requirements as well as personal hobbies (e.g. photography) as Adobe Photoshop!
This workshop is ideal for kids, 9–15 yrs old. Older teens can still attend the workshop if they want to, or choose to attend our Adobe Photoshop CC Basics class.
Potential benefits to your child
- The workshop helps direct your child’s energy towards useful activities
- It helps them acquire knowledge that will be very helpful come school time
- It reinforces the attitude for continuous learning, especially now as technology continuously advances
- The training teaches your child a software that can help them express their imagination and ideas in different, creative ways.
Your child will:
- Know Photoshop work area, identify tools and use them
- Cover up defects and restore missing parts
- Hide objects (or make people disappear) with Content-Aware Fill
- Transform, warp and bend images like tree branches and elephant trunks
- Change eye color / remove red-eyes
- Extract/change/drop out the background of fuzzy objects (like cats, dogs and people too)
- Combine different photos using layers
- Add text and layer effects
- Paint a line drawing with different colors and fill with textures
- Use color blending to create a multi-colored art work
- Put together a slide show in photoshop to present your completed works
Who should attend
Young people from 9–15 yrs old, who want to learn new computer tools and explore what they can do with these new tools.
For kids who've taken our Photography for the Young at Art workshop, this Photoshop class will give them more creative options.
What to bring
There is nothing to bring to the workshop, except an “open” attitude to learning. PCCI will provide the computer workstation, complete with software and source materials (for hands-on work), for each participant. It is of course recommended, that the young participant has access to a computer and the necessary software, at home, in order to apply the lessons learned in the workshop.
Mario Ramirez has been a computer teacher since 1988. He has worked with young people beginning with tutoring his own son. He’s had a variety of experiences working with young people; school work review (math), computer-aided-design, and of course, Photoshop.
Mario regularly handles classes with diverse participants. At PCCI, students as well as professionals, entrepreneurs, photographers, artists among others, and from various countries, have attended and learned from his Photoshop classes.
He always tries to make his classes enjoyable so participants stay interested and engaged. Mario is both an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) and an Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) in Photoshop CC.
Comments from participants
Teacher Mario is such a cool teacher, and he is very patient with kids.
This is my best class ever, and I like the tablet because it is so easy to use, and it is so cool.
Photoshop training for kids is the coolest.— Gabrielle Camus, 9½
He [the instructor] is very kind, energetic, very funny and friendly.
It’s very cool. The computers work nice. I get to experience Mac computers.— Keona Lozada, 12
The computers are so cool, and they’re upgraded already.— Isabella Rivera, 12
… for me, the training program is perfect for kids to learn Photoshop.— Immah Pesigan, 13
- May 21–24 (Tue to Fri)
- Morning batch: 9:00–12:00pm
- Afternoon batch: 1:30–4:30pm
PhP 5,300 (USD 133)
Includes materials and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.