Autodesk Maya 2012: Foundation
Autodesk Maya is the leading 3D animation program used in some of the biggest Hollywood blockbusters.
This course will take you through the entire process of content creation in 3D, with Maya 2012.
First, you’ll build your objects, using a variety of tools and employing different surface types: Polygons (a must for gaming), NURBS (great for curvy stuff), and sub-division surfaces (good for character modeling).
Next, you'll define how they will look. Will they be made of wood, concrete, or are they glow-in-the-dark?
Then it’s lights, camera, action! You get to see and experience the amazing toolset Maya has, to illuminate your “world” as you see fit, compose what you will see using cameras and animate the objects and finally render it out to a movie file.
What will be covered
- Understanding Maya’s user interface
- Creating models using primitives, curves and surfaces
- Editing and animating using Maya’s construction history
- Creating and applying shaders and textures using Maya’s Hypershade panel
- Setting keyframes to animate objects then editing the results in Maya’s Graph editor and Dope sheet
- Applying deformers to surfaces then animating the results
- Rendering still images using Maya’s IPR and animations using Maya’s batch renderer
- Adding particles into a scene that are influenced by forces, such as gravity, and collisions
Who should attend
This course is for anyone interested in learning 3d animation using Maya. Prior experience in animation is not a prerequisite.
To benefit from this course, participants should have completed PCCI's 3D Animation Fundamentals seminar or have equivalent experience
Class time will be divided between instructor-led presentations and hands-on exercises. Classes will be limited to five students, with an individual computer workstation and Wacom graphics tablet for each student to use during the course.
- Jul 24–27 (Wed to Sat)
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 11,995 (USD 300)
Includes the book, Learning Autodesk Maya 2010 Foundation: Official Autodesk Training Guide by Autodesk Maya Press, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.