Seminar: Introduction to Graphic Design
This one-day seminar is an introduction to Graphic Design and using Color in Design. The course encompasses creating designs for print, screen, and web use. Learn how to create effective designs combining images/objects and typography following basic rules for designers. Learn the basic rules of design and how to creatively break the rules.
We live in in a world where visuals are constantly viewed by everyone and the palette of the audience has become much more sophisticated in recent years. Learn what makes a layout a poor layout and learn how to create empowering and dynamic designs that communicate clear messages.
Some of the many points to be covered in this course include
- Understanding what makes a layout successful
- Creating a Design Concept
- Effective use of Lines and Shapes
- Use Negative (White) space effectively and know when to use it
- Using Color properly
- Proper use of Typography
- How to create Balance and Tension in your designs
- Use of Contrast in design
- Use Scale to create drama
- Proper uses of Repetition and Harmony
- Using Layout Grids
- Learn when to use the proper Grid for a layout
- Use of Hierarchy
- Using Symmetrical and Asymmetric layouts
- Understand and Use the Golden Section (Golden Ratio)
- Creating Consistency
- Adding Elements of Surprise in Design pieces
- Spec’ing color in Design
- Using Adobe Kuler for Color Palettes
- Using Adobe InDesign for layouts
Who should attend
Recommended participants include graphic designers, illustrators, art directors, corporate communicators, advertising executives, web designers, and multimedia artists who want to understand how to effectively create design projects for print, screen, or web. This is a must for those who want to improve skills in graphic arts, multimedia, and web design.
This is an entry level course and students do not need experience using any professional layout program. Students should have some basic computer skills and know how to use Windows or Mac operating system.
- Aug 28 (Mon)
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 2,850 (USD 70)
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.