Graphic Design I
This one-day seminar is an introduction to Graphic Design. The course encompasses creating designs for primarily for print but rules apply to screen and web designs. Learn how to create effective designs combining images/objects and typography following basic rules for designers. Learn the basic rules of design and how to creatively break the rules.
We live in in a world where visuals are constantly viewed by everyone and the palette of the audience has become much more sophisticated in recent years. Learn what makes a layout a poor layout and learn how to create empowering and dynamic designs that communicate clear messages.
Some of the many points to be covered in this course include
- Using Adobe InDesign for layouts —all exercises performed in Adobe InDesign
- Understanding what makes a layout successful
- Effective use of Lines and Shapes
- Analyzing existing designs
- Proper use of Typography
- Use Negative (White) space effectively and know when to use it
- Creating a simple layout
- How to create Balance and Tension in your designs
- Use of Contrast in design
- Use Scale to create drama
- Proper uses of Repetition and Harmony
- Use of Hierarchy
- Using Symmetrical Design
- Using Asymmetrical Design
- Understanding proportions of a square
- Understand and Use the Golden Section (Golden Ratio)
- Using Layout Grids
- Learn when to use the proper Grid for a layout
- Simplicity in Design
- Creating Consistency
- Adding Elements of Surprise in Design pieces
- Cropping images
Who should attend
Recommended participants include graphic designers, illustrators, art directors, corporate communicators, advertising executives, web designers, and multimedia artists who want to understand how to effectively create design projects for print, screen, or web. This is a must for those who want to improve skills in graphic arts, multimedia, and web design.
This is an entry level course and students do not need experience using any professional layout program. Students should have some basic computer skills and know how to use Windows or Mac operating system.
- Oct 26 (Thu)
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 2,850 (USD 70)
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.