Advanced Graphic Design
This two-day seminar is an advanced course in graphic design, using the key applications for creating graphic Design artwork: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign.
The course begins with a discussion on graphic design principles, typography, developing a type palette, using color and creating color harmonies. Assets are created in Adobe Photoshop Adobe Illustrator then imported into Adobe InDesign for layout and composition. Essentials for working with clients, creating a client brief, and developing design concepts are stressed.
Hands on exercises involve designing two interactive design pieces for deploying to social media and web sites and two poster designs for print. The focus of hands-on work is an equal balance of designing for screen and for print.
Some of the many points covered in this course include
- Graphic design principles
- Understanding graphic design
- Understanding what makes a good design
- How to become a great graphic designer
- Examples of great designs
- Creating logos, calling cards, brochures, and posters
- Principles of layout and composition
- Rules of typography
- Creating a type palette
- Understanding the psychology of color
- Creating color palettes
- Planning a design project
- Writing a creative brief
- Concept development —how to develop a concept for a design piece
- Creating thumbnails and roughs
- Essential techniques in Adobe Photoshop —brightness and color correction
- Essential techniques in Illustrator —creating icons and objects, tracing artwork
- Essential techniques in InDesign —compositing, setting type, exporting for screen/print
- Creating interactive documents for screen viewing
- Creating multi-state objects
- Creating animations
- Essential rules for poster design
- Designing posters for print
- Packaging a file
- Exporting to PDF for printers
Who should attend
Recommended participants include graphic designers, illustrators, art directors, corporate communicators, advertising executives, web designers, and multimedia artists who want to understand how to effectively create design projects for print or screen/web. This is a must for those who want to improve skills in graphic arts, screen, print, and web design.
This is an advanced course in Graphic Design. Students should have completed the Introduction to Graphic Design course or have a basic working knowledge one of the Adobe applications used in this course. Students should have some basic computer skills and know how to use Windows or Mac operating system and at least one Adobe program.
- to be announced
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 5,995 (USD 150)
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.