Graphic Design Software Applications (Level 1)
This package equips the student with the essential tools for pursuing a career as a graphic artist for print media.
While many artists survive on Photoshop alone, it actually leaves them disadvantaged and unable to provide proper graphic arts services in corporate world. This program fills the missing pieces by including courses in illustration, page layout, image editing, and color management.
Digital Imaging & Color Management Fundamentals (1 day)
This one-day seminar is an excellent introduction to Photoshop or any image-editing software. It lays down the foundation for understanding bitmap editing and digital photography.
- Definition of Digital Imaging
- Tools in Digital Imaging
- Building a Photoshop System
- Computer Graphics
- Scanning Techniques
- Color Basics and Color Management
- Digital Workflow
Adobe Photoshop CC: Beginner to Intermediate (3 days)
Learning by yourself often results in using the same 20% of Photoshop again and again. You also apply correction filters and adjustments without understanding the various options.
This focused, hands-on workshop guides you through the Photoshop fundamentals that will equip you to execute design projects. Included are lessons on layers (putting photos together), selecting and extracting parts of a photo, retouching, changing an object's color while retaining its texture, correcting off-color photos, removing defects, adding and manipulating text, and more.
Projects you can apply the techniques to range from print ads, marketing collaterals, Websites, and other communication materials.
Beyond the essentials, you will learn innovative new design tools: Content-Aware makes corrections in an instant, Puppet-Warp bends things in any direction, Perspective Warp combines different perspectives perfectly, Smart Objects makes for true non-destructive editing, and much more.
- Overview of Photoshop
- Intro to Workspace, Tools, Panels & Options Bar and Menus
- Zoom & pan an image
- Undo steps in Photoshop
- Selections & Transformations
- Make a selection with the marquee, lasso, pen, magic wand, quick select
- Separate fuzzy-edged objects from the background with Select & Mask (previously Refine Edge)
- Save a selection
- Fixing Common Photo Problems
- Square (straighten) rotated images
- Automatically correct Tonal and Color problems
- Manually correct difficult tonal conditions using Levels
- Neutralize colour cast
- Sharpen an image
- Remove blur with Camera Shake Reduction
- Change the colour of an area
- Remove defects
- Use Adjustment panel to make non-destructive enhancements
- Working with Text
- Add and manipulate text
- Bend and warp text
- Fill text with image/s
- Preview text accurately with system antialiasing option
- Organize and manage layers
- Add layer effects and styles
- Use blending modes to achieve realistic or artistic effects
- Put layers in layer groups
- Use ACR to correct exposure problems non-destructively
- Channels and Masks
- Create and work with the various types of masks
- Use layer mask to create realistic photo compositions
- Save selections in channels for re-use
- Use quick mask to edit complex selections
- Smart Ways to Use Photoshop CC
- Use vanishing point for perspective transformation
- Use content-aware scale to resize an image without distorting important visual content
- Apply non-destructive transformations with Smart Objects
- Remove unwanted “elements” with the content aware fill and healing
- Reposition awkward elements with Content Aware Move
- Create and apply clipping groups
- Use puppet warp to distort specific image areas
Adobe Illustrator CC: Beginner to Intermediate (3 days)
This intensive, hands-on computer course will provide you with thorough explanations of the capabilities and limitations of Illustrator, as well as vector art applications in general. It will help you with your work by understanding how Illustrator files are built; how to rework and manipulate them for in-house printing or for sending to the service bureau.
- The palettes and tools
- Drawing and editing
- Pen tool techniques
- Type tool features
- Transformation tools
- Layer basics and masks
- Gradients and graphs
- Adobe file sharing & compatibility
- Color seperation for CMYK printing
Adobe InDesign CC: Beginner to Intermediate (3 days)
If you design or lay out brochures, magazines, newspapers, books, posters, and flyers, you need InDesign. You can create drawings and graphics in Illustrator, but the tools for designing pages with complex, interlocking elements are in InDesign: tight typographic controls, long and multiple text blocks, grid alignment, linking elements across pages, text and object styles, creating and updating links and cross-references, intuitive and powerful text wrap, etc.
Photoshop excels at editing and creating photo-quality images, but lines and text can look fuzzy. It’s not particularly adept at juggling images and text on a page. Illustrator is best for creating drawings that can be resized without loss of quality, but opens only one page at a time.
- Creating master pages for consistency across pages and sections in a document
- Creating text and object styles for consistency and adaptability
- Setting up for professional alignment and working with grids
- Professional-level controls over type
- Inserting special characters
- Entering tabs with leaders and hanging indents
- Croppping and scaling graphics
- Wrapping text around an object
- Applying special text formatting such as bullets, numbering, drop caps, tabbed text, text wraps, etc.
- Handling missing fonts
- Working with color and color effects
- Creating gradients and tints
- Using color consistently within a publication and from issue to issue
- Working with tables and table styles
- Automatically updating paragraph, character, object, cell and table styles
- Importing and working with vector and bitmap graphics
- Importing clipping paths with graphics and creating clipping paths in InDesign
- Copying elements across documents
- Preflighting that all elements are ready for printing
- Assembling files delivery to a service printer or provider
- Generating an Adobe PDF file for proofing and printing
- And many more
Who should attend
This package is for beginner to intermediate.
Basic computer operations.
Terms and Conditions
Thirty percent (30%) downpayment is required upon registration. The balance can be paid in installments (cash, check or credit card). Payment schedule will be given upon registration. Downpayment is not refundable but transferable to other people or schedule.
- Mar 31–Apr 2 (Fri to Sun), Apr 17 (Mon), Apr 18–20 (Tue to Thu), Jul 7–8 (Fri to Sun)
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Several Instructors
PhP 19,200 (USD 480). Package fee is about 35% cheaper than taking each course separately.
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.