Adobe Photoshop CC: Advanced Tools & Techniques
This course covers advanced tools and techniques for photography and for print production.
This intensive, hands-on workshop unleashes the wealth of tools of Photoshop, many of them either hidden to the average user, not maximized, or worse, used incorrectly. Once mastered, these professional-level shortcuts, tricks, and expert techniques can help you be more productive and work faster without sacrificing quality.
The GRAPHIC ARTIST will benefit because 70 to 80 percent of his work involves editing photographs rather than vector graphics purely. His work is often destined for different output devices, which require different editing treatments.
The PHOTOGRAPHER, whether professional or enthusiast, will see how to extract from digital capture the best color, sharpness, contrast, and impact, like cutting a diamond from a rough stone.
Who should attend
The workshop is for graphic artists familiar with the fundamentals of Photoshop, who depend on the application not just to edit a single photo but to hammer out seamless composites, often accomplishing correct and polished photo illustrations on short notice.
It will also benefit professional and serious amateur photographers who want to take their photography to the next level, like a compleat film photographer skilled in darkroom techniques.
What will be covered
- Tonal and color correction to maximize the RGB tonal range
- Targetting tonal range for press, Web, digital printers, and photo labs
- Advanced techniques with Curves and Levels
- Advanced selection techniques (including Quick Mask)
- Advanced photo editing and retouching
- Repairing damaged photographs
- Layer masks, layer sets, and layer comps
- Advanced sharpening techniques
- Duotone and sepia toning
- The best (of eight) way to convert to black-and-white
- Automation with Actions and Batch commands
- Basic pen tool techniques
- Advanced layer techniques
- New blur filters
- Most often-used keyboard shortcuts to speed up workflow
To benefit from this course, participants should have completed our Adobe Photoshop: Beginner to Intermediate training course, or have equivalent experience. If you're not sure whether you’re experienced enough to skip the basic course, a self-evaluation form can be sent to you upon request.
- Aug 23–25 (Wed to Fri)
- Oct 25–27 (Wed to Fri)
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 8,850 (USD 220)
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.