Fast Track to Short Filmmaking (How to Make Short Film in 3 days)
The tools for digital filmmaking nowadays are very accessible. You can easily shoot something out of your camera or even your cellphone. But to make its content visually and aurally engaging is a different story.
Don’t worry! In this workshop, filmmaker wannabes will know about short filmmaking and will learn different techniques to make these films worth watching.
By the end of this workshop, participants should be able to produce, write, direct, shoot and edit a 3-5 minute short film.
What will be covered
- How to produce a short film with a low budget
- How to turn a concept into a screenplay.
- Pre production
- Choice of the crew (definition and importance of roles)
- Breakdown scenes (Definition of locations)
- Cast (actors' choice)
- Clustering (Shooting plan)
- Breakdown costs (budget)
- Storyboard; Visual, written or animatic
- Direct (narrative styles)
- The direction of photography (how to work with natural and artificial light)
- Filming techniques and language of camera movements
- The perspectives and language of the static and dynamic composition of the frames
- Audio (how to record a good live audio)
- Basic visual effects
- Post production
- Offline editing
- Online editing
- Sound design
- Audio production post (Premix and final mix)
- Finalization and optimization of the final product
Who should attend
This workshop is open to anyone who wants to make short films or to gain additional insights on how to improve their craft in filmmaking.
Each participant must:
- Bring his own DSLR/mirrorless camera or video camcorder (cellphone camcorder will do.)
- Have basic skills in Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro.
About the instructor
Paolo Bertola is an Italian director who has worked in the sector for over 35 years. In addition to directing he specializes in post production techniques and in particular visual effects, CGI and 3D Animation.
Some projects where Paolo Bertola worked in Philippines are; Kidlat with Derek Ramsey (2013), The Princes of the Palace with Ryzza Mae Dizon (2015 - 2016), God Gave Me You with Alden Richards & Maine Mendoza (2016), Imagine You & Me with Alden Richards, Maine Mendoza & Jasmine Curtis (2016), Woke Up Like This with Vhong Navarro, Lovi Poe & Coraleen Waddell (2017), Haunted Forest with Raymart Santiago, Joey Marquez & Jane Oineza (2017), The Lease with Ruben Maria Soriquez & Garie Concepcion (2018).
He made 26 films as a director, 24 films as visual effects supervisor, and more than 120 commercials from 1994 to 2008 in Italy, as a director and VFX supervisor.
Currently Paolo Bertola collaborates with iFlix Philippines, StarCinema and with Utmost Creatives for the production of the film My Beast Friend, which will be released in the summer of 2019.
- Nov 26–28 (Mon to Wed)
9 AM to 5 PM
PhP 12,500 (USD 300)
Includes materials, lunch and snacks.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.