Digital Camera Fundamentals (Webinar)
If you are getting into digital photography, understanding the digital features of your camera is absolutely essential. This webinar explains in simple terms the basic settings you must choose in your camera before you even touch your exposure controls (ISO, Aperture and Shutter Speed). The wrong choice can lead to disastrous result. For example, what resolution should you choose; what quality option should you save your jpeg file; what color space should you use for your jpeg file; should you choose camera raw or jpeg; and many more decisions. Your choice can limit your print size or affect the quality of the image reproduction. This seminar is also a good starting point for those who have not made a choice as to what digital camera to buy. There is no substitute for being an informed buyer!
Method of Teaching
This is a live instructor-led online seminar with participant engagement via Q&A. This class will use Zoom as main application. For more details, check our ONLINE TRAINING FAQs.
What will be covered
- Advantages of Digital Photography
- Kinds of Digital Cameras (Digicam)
- The Process of Digital Photography
- How Does a Digital Camera Work
- What Affects The Quality of a Digital Photograph
- Anatomy (Software) of a digicam: Structure of a digital photograph; factors that affect the quality of a digital photography—Resolution, Aspect ratio, Color space & Color Management, White balance and Noise—camera raw vs. JPEG, Picture Style and Histogram
- Anatomy (Hardware) of a digicam
- Kinds of sensor
- Sensor sizes and Lens’ Focal Length
- Sensor sensitivity and noise
- Problems with dust
- Burst rate
- Image storage and Archiving
- Camera Controls and Menus
Students must have the following: Zoom application and stable internet connection. For more details, check our ONLINE TRAINING FAQs.
Who should attend
This beginner-level seminar is for those who are attending the Basic Photography class so they can maximize the use of their camera’s digital features.
For those who haven’t bought their digicam or who want to evaluate whether their present camera suits their need, they consider this seminar as an intelligent buyer’s guide.
|Schedule||Number of Sessions||Time|
|Sept 3 (Thu)||1||1:00 pm to 5:00 pm|
There are several ways to pay:
Online bank transfer or bank deposit
- any Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC) branch, in favor of Philippine Center for Creative Imaging Inc, S/A 1-249-91545-5; or
- any Banco de Oro (BDO) branch, in favor of Philippine Center for Creative Imaging Inc, S/A 00429-0078357.
PhP 600 inclusive of VAT.
A student who has registered to our physical classes may avail of online classes instead. The difference in fees will be converted to store credits or applied to other online classes that he might want to attend.
Includes materials & e-certificate at the end of the class.
Be sure to read the Registration Info before registering.